Signpost is building the simplest and most effective way for local businesses to get quality customers. 20 years ago, local businesses simply posted an ad in the town newspaper and the yellow pages. 2 years ago, businesses tried blasting a Daily Deal email.
Today, publishers and merchants in the $20B local advertising industry are looking to Signpost for a better solution.
It's a big vision, and we need amazing people to:
- Innovate on the best technology available for our platform - e.g. Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, open source
- Build a scalable and speedy publishing platform, intelligently delivering content to our network of publishers via their public and proprietary APIs
- Make our content flexible, across online, mobile, local form factors
- Develop our own API for partners
- Invent feedback systems and ways to use data to diagnose and improve
- Be part of a foundational team
Please come ready to convince us that:
- You have strong web programming experience, preferably 1-2 years of Rails
- You work best with smart, demanding teammates
- You believe in product design, elegant code, solid tests, agile process
- You'll voice ideas on how the team can improve
- You are a builder, hacker, tinkerer, dreamer
- You believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, but anybody's idea should be challenged
- You know you have a lot more to learn
A growing number of local merchants are investing in our solution, as well as some top investors - Google Ventures, Spark Capital (Foursquare, Twitter, Tumblr), Jason Calacanis (Mahalo, LaunchConference), Jack Herrick (eHow) and Thomas Lehrman (Gerson Lehrman). Check out our press page to see our features in TechCrunch, Mashable, Fast Company, and Business Insider.
This job will be based in New York, NY. We offer a competitive compensation package including benefits and equity options.
If this sounds like you:
Come play with us at challenge.signpost.com.